Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pokemon X - Dusting it off

I was prompted to pick Pokemon X back up after receiving an email from Nintendo a couple of weeks ago promoting the new Pokemon games, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.  The promo email said that I could pick up a code for a free Shiny Gengar at Gamestop until October 26, 2014.  There was also a code for a free Pumpkaboo available via Internet through Pokemon Network until October 31, 2014.

Sweet. 

Pokemon 2014 Haloween Promotions: Free Shiny Gengar, Pumpkaboo


WoW (World of Warcraft) servers were down for maintenance almost all day today, so it was a good opportunity to pick up the Pokemon for a little refresh.

I had left myself in Geosenge Town, but I am quite sure I remember being well past that the last time I played in May.  I actually checked my 3DS photos to see the last Pokemon photo I had taken.  I wonder for a while why I was back in Geosenge the last time I played.  I give up and decide to continue questing through Geosenge and into the next area.  I hop on Marriland's Pokemon X/Y Walkthrough to see where I'm at and where I should be going. 

After visiting the Pokemon Center and getting my special new Shiny Gengar and Pumkaboo (Yay!) from the delivery girl and saving, I head to Reflection Cave...where I immediately get lost.  I make the loop, forgetting that it does in fact loop back to the beginning if you don't choose the right path. 

The wandering did net me a new RARE Pokemon, Sableye!  He was a tough bugger to catch!! It took 4 regular Pokeballs, 2 Great, 2 Ultra, 1 Premium, 1 Nest, and the ball to finally catch him was my 3rd (and last!) Dusk Ball!  I don't recall ever having to use so many balls to catch a Pokemon!  He was down to less than 5 health and wouldn't go to sleep via Roserade's Grass Whistle.  It's always fun to catch a new one, though, so a great start back for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment