Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pokemon TCGO- Beating all the trainers

My newest "obsession" is Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.  I dabble in the DS Pokemon games and some of them I really like, but the card game appeals to the more straegic player.  I like some of the artwork on the cards and the online card game is free to play.  I just started playing a couple of weeks ago, prompted by a Nintendo email I got promoting  some free stuff in PTCGO and Pokemon XY on the 3DS.  I figured I'd try it and it's pretty fun.

So far I'm going through beating all of the NPC trainers and earning coins.  The coins can be spent to buy digital in-game cards, avatar outfits, and cosmetic deck upgrades.  There is also a daily log-in bonus that stacks awards for each day the player logs in.  A digital booster pack is awarded every fifth day. 

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online PTCGO- Trainer Penelope.  One of the last trainers to beat.
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online - Trainer Penelope.  One of the last trainers to beat.
 I don't have any physical Pokemon cards, but if I did, I could scan them with a webcam or enter their individual code and the cards would be usable in-game.  I don't know anyone else who plays, and really, most players are probably kids, but I will probably play for a while and at least finish beating the trainers before even attempting to play against a real player. I'm sure even kids could whoop my booty.


No comments:

Post a Comment